This policy is directed to those individuals whose personal information is held by the Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia Inc. (EWPAA).
At all times the conduct under this Policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All requests for access will be treated seriously
- All requests will be dealt with promptly
- All requests will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- Your request to access your personal information will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and the EWPAA.
Form of Access
The EWPAA will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that the EWPAA holds about you.
You can request access to your personal information by contacting:
The Privacy Officer, EWPAA Inc., PO Box 1304, MONA VALE NSW 1660.
Phone (02) 9998 2222
To obtain access you will have to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
When Will Access Be Denied?
Access will be denied if:
- The request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
- Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- Providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request is frivolous and vexatious;
- The request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- Providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
- Access would be unlawful;
- Denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- Access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- discloses a ‘commercially sensitive’ decision making process or information; or
- any other reason that is provided for in the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set-out under the Privacy Act.
Where possible, the EWPAA will favour providing access. It may do so by providing access to the appropriate parts of the record or by using an appropriate ‘intermediary’.
Where there is a dispute about the right or forms of access these will be dealt with in accordance with the EWPAA’s Complaints Policy, grievance procedure.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of your request. In cases where the request is not complicated or does not require access to a large volume of information, we will provide information within 14 days.
Costs and Charges
The EWPAA may impose the following charges:
- Photocopying [$1 per sheet]
- Delivery cost of information stored off-site where information if stored off-site, the cost of obtaining access to the information [POA]
- Access to electronic databases [POA]